I’m 29 years old and I’ve been told repeatedly that I have 2 major holes in my television knowledge. I haven’t seen Lost or The Wire. I’ve had no opposition to watching either of them, but they’re both going to take a huge chunk of time to get through. This weekend I finally bit the bullet and started Lost. I know that I won’t have the same experience as everyone else when they watched it over a decade ago, but I’m going to try my best to make it through the whole thing without remembering any details I’ve heard and forgotten.
Here’s what I know going into it: I don’t know much about the details, but I know there’s a hatch involved at some point, there are “others” but not quite sure what that means, and I also know the whole plane crash isn’t what it seems. I know were supposed to do the whole “suspension of disbelief” thing but I can’t help but feel there is no chance 47 people survive a plane falling to pieces in air.
I’m currently 6 episodes in. My thoughts:
- A fucking polar bear? OK that’s a HUGE red flag. So they’re either in a fantasy land or on some island where rich people pay to hunt rare and wild animals. Maybe they’ve been kidnapped and are all there to be hunted. Hmm.
- I could tell the Korean wife could speak English, but I have no idea where this is going. Obviously the Korean husband doesn’t get killed off because I can see him with long hair in that picture above. Too bad because he seems like a dick.
- Jack is a pretty good leader for someone who doesn’t want to be a leader. I’m so sorry everyone wants to listen to what you have to say and trusts you with their lives.
- John Lock is interesting. I can’t get a read on him. He appears to be great and helpful but they’re foreshadowing pretty fuckin heavily on his character being shady. And the plane crash suddenly makes him able to walk? Cool, but he hasn’t walked in 4 years I think his leg muscles would be mush by now. I don’t see him being the hiking type just yet. Another reason to believe this is all bullshit.
- Are we just going to pretend there isn’t an 8 month pregnant chick hanging out on the beach? That’s a legitimate freak-out situation. That baby is coming and they don’t have a plan to deal with it.
- Fuck that girl Shannon. I hate her face.
- There is a lot of uncertainty in this show, but after 6 episodes I have one certainty: